Sunday, July 08, 2012

Bad Burger


In these days and age of drive-thru’s and ultra-fast meal, I was able to coin, even just in my mind, this apt term I refer to as “bad burger”.

I was about to attend my MPA class yesterday when I felt so suddenly that I had some hunger to contend to. Uncle Pabs, Aunt Yolly and cousin Nigel arrived from the states on Thursday that I’ve been driving them around the city for nearly three days now and that maybe, I get to feel the need for food and water more often than what is usual for me. Driving could be such a brawny exertion that too much energy is consumed in the process and thereon the body burns so much calories that the body demands more of it as a result.



So I hied off towards the nearest cafeteria as soon as I arrived at the university ground and bought one of the fastest meal that there could be had around at that time, and that was the tuna sandwich that I gobbled in as quickly as lightning. After I drank a soda, I felt that I can take another bite at a sandwich but I had observed that the tuna sandwich preparation was not as “fast” as I wanted it to be and I was a little later for class. So I decided that I would hop to another food stand nearby and ordered a hamburger, one food preparation that wasn’t as lengthy to prepare since most students in the university seem to order it all the time and that the vendor always had a burger nice-and-ready, ready to be served.



But to my regret, the burger that I had bought didn’t really fit to my liking. I shouldn’t have ordered it in the first place. First, it was a bit raw and secondly, I didn’t taste any beefy flavor in it. It was kinda strange, you know. I should have known better.



I was thinking that in this age of globalization and high-competition in trade, every vendor, whether of food or other commodity, should always try to find the best manner of selling and preparing their products. It’s a time where one could not afford to commit one mistake, or one would wither and lose business.



So I regretted so well my fifteen bucks spent on the badly prepared “bad burger”. I swear from now on that I wouldn’t have any of it—-if I can help it. I’d rather wait for some steamy tuna sandwich than go for a very quick but unsavory burger. Perhaps, I would have to hie-off to Jollibee or McDonald if I want one—-that’s where the real burgers are found.



Like that famous “Gone With The Wind” dialogue, I swear that from now on, I’ll never have to eat any “bad burger” again.

No comments: