Sunday, July 08, 2012

The Rain Fell But It Was One Joyful Day


I was just talking about summer and how we all loved the warm sun and the warm season that goes with it. But yesterday finally augured in the rainy season, for it had been raining for more than a couple of days straight since then, and if rain would fall with that kind of consistency, and it happens to be May, then it’d be for sure that the rainy season had finally arrived.



It was my second child’s birthday yesterday and we had planned to celebrate it by bathing at the pool, which we did in the afternoon. And it was also the birthday of Ilana, the very lovely and very cute daughter of my close friend Michael Lopez and Dra. Leileen Lopez, and it was celebrated at the La Vista Beach Resort and my kids were quite excited to hit the beach as early as the sun appeared in the morning.



When we arrived at La Vista, the weather was still in drizzle, as it was all morning. I was hoping that the sun might come up later in the day, but it didn’t. The rain fell but Sep-Sep, Beng-Beng, Bobi and Bebet suited up to their swimming trunks and bathing suit and got themselves all wet. It was raining, but it was so fun yesterday. The rain may fall, but joy is still in season.



Happy Birthday to my son Yves and to lovely Ilana Lopez.



By the way, before we went to the beach resort, we had to stopped by the new and sparkling Southway Mall in the middle of downtown, the only shopping store in town with a covered parking space that even if it was raining, it would still be convenient to shop. The kids and me were a bit in discussion on what type of toy we would buy Ilana as her birthday gift and for nearly half an hour there, we couldn’t meet at an agreement. I told them that Ilana was a girl and them three boys wouldn’t really know what a little girl wants.



Of course, my youngest daughter Bebet wouldn’t be able to speak just as eloquently yet that I didn’t consult her at all. But I was thinking what Bebet had always wanted to play with often and I have observed how little girls enjoyed so much playing with quaint little kitchen sets (aside from dolls and playhouses), pretending to cook and serve. There were quite a number of times that I had to pretend drinking something from empty little cups served by Bebet and I would go ‘Huhmm’ that was a very delicious tea, when in fact it was only air I took in, and Bebet would giggle often by those pretensions.



I hope Ilana would enjoy her kitchen set so well and serve her dad those very fine imaginary teas.

No comments: